PSA Volunteer Opportunities Available
This list of volunteer opportunities is updated regularly. Members who are interested in one of the positions listed, should read about the program or activity on the webpage that is linked, read the Master Operating Manual (MOM) for the position if it is linked, and complete the Volunteer Application. The volunteer will be contacted as soon as possible.
Members who have a PSA position in need of a volunteer need to provide the information requested on the Post a PSA Volunteer Position form and the position will be posted on this page.
Select a position, below, to reveal or hide more information about it. Select "Show All" to see all positions and their descriptions.
Show All / Hide All
- STAR RATINGS: Committee Chair - posted March 31, 2016
The prime duty of the Star Ratings Committee Chairman is to coordinate the activities of the various Division Star Ratings Directors and work towards common practices and requirements by the various Divisions. In order to accomplish this:
- The Chairman shall receive proposals to change existing practices or to establish new practices from the Divisions. Proposals from Divisions should include background and reason for the request, along with an indication of Division membership support.
- The Chairman shall draft common procedures with the assistance of the Exhibition Services Chairman and present them to the various Division Star Ratings Directors in the effort for uniform requirements in submitting Star Ratings Practices and maintaining records of approved ratings.
- The Chairman shall keep the Star Ratings Practices document up to date. To ensure the document is up to date, the Star Ratings Directors shall conduct a full review of the document and their procedure documents at least every five (5) years.
The Chairman shall conduct the meeting of the Star Ratings Committee held during the annual PSA Conference. If the Chairman is not able to attend the annual PSA Conference, the Chairman shall appoint a representative to handle the meeting and notify the Exhibition Services Vice President of who will preside. The Exhibition Services Vice President can preside at the request of the Chairman.
If interested, contact the Exhibition Services VP
- PID: Newsletter Editor - posted March 21, 2016
A volunteer to collect, assemble and publish a monthly or quarterly Newsletter of pertinent information for members of the PID. Should be someone who enjoys writing and interfacing with other members of PID. Prior Newsletter or similar experience would be beneficial. This position will report to the PID Chair. Contact the PID Chair
, if interested.
- Translation Services Director *NEW POSITION*
A volunteer to organize, direct, and establish quality assurance for PSA's translation of various program and activity documents. This position will report to the Volunteer Services Director
- EDUCATION: Digital Programs Committee Chair - Updated Feb 15, 2016
A volunteer to be the chairman of the Digital Programs Committee to lead the Committee members to develop instructive and educational digital audio visual programs for PSA members, member clubs, Councils and Chapters. Knowing the digital software program like ProShow Producer is a plus but not required. Must attend the annual PSA Conference so he/she can meet with the Digital Program Committee members to plan for the work every year. Position reports to the Image Collections Vice President. Contact the Image Collections Vice President
- EDUCATION: Mentors Updated Feb 15, 2016
PSA members who have experience regarding a specific photography topic and are willing to share their knowledge with members who wish to explore this topic are needed as Mentors for the following areas:
• Equestrian Photography |
This position reports to the Mentor Services Committee Chair