Web Site Tools: Navigation
Going to any new web site can be exhilarating as one searches all the information available, explores the nooks and crannies, and experiments with the variety of media used to provide information. As exciting as this can be; it takes time to really look around, get the “lay of the land,” and be able to find things with ease. When exploring a new version of a familiar web site, there is a certain discomfort when adapting to the methods and changes necessary to remain technologically current and secure. It is only through use and practice that it will eventually become second nature and easy to use.
Here are some hints to help anyone navigating the PSA web site.
- The PSA logo is in the top left corner of every page. Clicking on the PSA logo will always provide a return to the homepage.
- At the top of most webpages (all the light gray pages) and below the top banner, there is a small chain of words (in darker gray) that indicates exactly where the user is within the web site. The words in this chain are also “hot” and if a cursor goes over them, they will become burgundy, and clicking on the word brings the user back to that page in the chain.
- At the very top of all webpages, above the banner, there is the word “Home” which brings a user to the homepage. To the right are the words "Site Tools" which is this area. Further to the right is “Site Map” and clicking on the Site Map will display a comprehensive outline of all pages in the site, except My PSA, which is available with login. Reviewing this delineation of topics will help the user gain an understanding of the navigation.
- At the very top of all pages, above the banner and at the far right, there is a Search feature. Typing in a word or phrase and clicking on the “Go” button, or clicking “Enter” on the keyboard, will display every location in the web site where that word or phrase appears.
- If some content cannot be found, click on the bottom bar of all the navigation bars in the left column. This navigation bar is for My PSA, the Members Only area of the PSA web site. A list of the services in this area is visible. These services are for PSA members only and login is required for access to the services.