Membership: Member Benefits
The benefits of PSA membership are different for individual members and organization (club/council) members.
Individual Member Benefits - tangible
- PSA Journal full-color monthly magazine (mailed & online) and annual Who’s Who in Photography publication
- Opportunity to submit articles for potential publication in the PSA Journal which is written by and for members
- Three noncommercial ads each year (no more than 5 lines or 175 characters) in the PSA Journal at no cost
- Access to My PSA free web site services (e.g., Image Evaluation, Mentors, Consultants, resource links, up-to-date product and book reviews)
- Free online Individualized Photography Course, Advanced Photography Course, and Image Analysis Course
- Free Study Groups: online for digital images and via mail for prints
- Free services (e.g., Species Identification Service, Photo Travel Planning Service, Digital Product Information)
- Annual Conference with workshops, field trips, photo shoots, and featured speakers at reduced registration fee
- Listing in and access to online Membership List following login
- Publication of photos on the PSA web site (e.g., a photo in the New Member Gallery on joining, in the Show Your Stuff Gallery on renewing for year two, and in ROPA Galleries following receipt of a PSA Distinction)
- Creation of a personal photo gallery on the PSA web site for posting up to twenty (20) images and a biography
- Use of PSA logo on personal web site and business card
- Opportunity to earn PSA Star Ratings and Recognition of Photographic Achievement (ROPA) with PSA Distinctions for Proficiency (PPSA), Excellence (EPSA), Master (MPSA), and Grand Master (GMPSA)
- Opportunity to be elected an Associate (APSA) or Fellow (FPSA) of the Society
- Opportunity to be recognized for photography and/or volunteer service (Society, Service, Editorial, Web Site, Region Director, International Representative, and Membership Awards)
- Recognition of Membership Milestones when they are reached
- Competitions for specific topics/themes (e.g., Creative, Portrait) or format (e.g., 3D, digital essays, story boards, B&W prints)
- Reduced fee for PSA Adventures (e.g., Humanitarian trip to Cuba, cruises)
- Reduced registration fee at local Chapter meetings (US only)
- Opportunity to present programs and seminars at local, regional, and international meetings
- Discounts on photography-related products and services
Club Member Benefits - tangible
- Access to the PSA Club Services area following login where ten Consultants are available to help PSA-member club’s leadership with: Getting Started, PSA Membership, PSA Club Forums, Club Communication, Technical Assistance, PSA Interclub Competitions, Judging Services, Club Programs, Club Community Service, and Club Recognition.
- Listing on the PSA Clubs/Councils North America or Outside North America webpage on the PSA web site including a link to the club's web site. Opportunity to submit photos of club activities for posting on the club’s PSA state's or international region's webpage.
- A copy of the monthly PSA Journal and annual Who’s Who in Photography to bring to club meetings and share with the members.
- Receipt of quarterly The Projector emailed newsletter designed for PSA-member clubs
- Invitation to join the PhotoEditors online forum which provides sample articles and other information for the club editor/webmaster.
- Invitation to join the Camera Club Sparkle online forum which provides an information exchange for club Presidents and the PSA Club Representative.
- Opportunity to enter the six free PSA digital Interclub competitions. These Interclub competitions include Projected Image, Creative, Nature, Travel, Photojournalism, and 3D images. There is also a free Print Interclub competition.
- Loan of DVDs for PSA-member clubs (e.g., 75 Years of PSA, CPID Best of the Best).
- Opportunity to participate in the PSA Youth Photography Showcase. The publicity generated by the Youth Photography Showcase is beneficial in recruiting new PSA club members.
- Discounted customizable, template club web site that removes the work load from one person and assures the maintenance & safety of the images and data.
- Discounted software to manage the conduct of digital club competitions.
- Club judging service for every club; including real-time, remote judging.
- Use of the PSA Logo on the club web site, newsletter, brochure, etc.
- Opportunity to submit application for the PSA Club Service Award (for service to the community) and gain recognition for the club.
- Opportunity to submit the club’s newsletter and web site to the PSA Newsletter and Web Site competitions for evaluation and potential recognition.
Member Benefits - Intangible
- PSA Greenhood Scholarship Program
- PSA Youth Showcase
- Support for Photography Research (Amon Carter Museum)
- PSA Print Collection (Untitled at ArtSpace)
- PSA Exhibition Standards and recognition of photo competitions worldwide that have agreed to conform to these standards
- Ethics Standards Policy and Ethics Review Board
- Networking programs and opportunities
- Camaraderie with others who share a deep interest in photography
- Liaison with photography societies worldwide
- Partnerships that provide pre-release information, and accessibility to products and services at reduced cost