PID Individual Portrait Competition
The PID Individual Portrait Competition is for individual PSA members and is exclusively for portraits of humans, including tasteful nudes.
Deadlines: March 15, May 5,
and June 30
2013-2014 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
2012-2013 PID INDIVIDUAL PORTRAIT RESULTS
Eligibility & Rules
- An entrant can enter two portrait images in each competition (Round).
- An image previously receiving an Award or HM in a PID Individual Portrait Competition is not eligible for entry.
- Maximum image width (horizontal) is 1024 pixels. Maximum image height (vertical) is 768 pixels. Images should be saved as jpg files.
- The maker's name and/or image title must not be in the image area of digital file.
- By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his/her own and permits PSA to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the competition. This may include low resolution posting on a web site. The competition assumes no liability for any misuse of copyright.
- Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker and artwork or computer graphics created by the entrant may be incorporated, if the photographic content predominates.
The entry submission procedure changed in 2014. Click here
to submit entries to this competition.
Ribbons will be awarded for each competition (Round) as follows: First, Second, Third, Best Female, Best Male, Best Child, Best Indoor, Best Environmental, Best Monochrome, three (3) Judges Choices, and HM's. The number of Awards and HMs will be determined by the number of entries.
At the end of the year all Award and HM images will be judged for the Best Portrait of the Year. There will also be a Best of the Year Award for Best Female, Best Male, Best Child, Best Indoor, Best Environmental, and Best Monochrome Portrait.
The Best of the Portraits Competition results will be shown during the PSA Annual Conference and the awards will be presented at the PID Luncheon during the PSA Annual Conference.