The PSA Councils' Challenge
PSA Council's Challenge
Opening Date: March 1
Closing Date: June 15
PSA-member organizations that include several camera clubs; whether the group of clubs is called a Council, a Federation, or an Association, are all eligible to enter the annual PSA Councils' Challenge. Each "group" may enter ten digital images from ten different makers in each of the following sections: Color General (Open), Monochrome General (Open), and Nature General (Open).
Each section is judged separately. Individual winners in each section are selected. Organizations in each section are ranked. The scores for each section are tallied and an overall top scoring "group" is identified.
Results from Past Competitions
Conditions of Entry
- The subject is General (Open) for all sections.
- PSA-member councils, associations, or federations with their member clubs may participate.
- Each council can submit ten (10) images per section and should determine its own selection process for entries.
- There may not be more than one image per section by the same photographer.
- An entrant may submit entries from one council only. If an entrant has images submitted by more than one council, all images may be disqualified.
- Like images from the same photographer in more than one section will not be accepted.
- Images entered in previous PSA Councils' Challenges are not eligible.
- Each council representative who submits images to the Council Challenge should ensure that all of the input data is accurate.
- Each council representative is responsible for the council’s submissions. The images should follow PSA Exhibition Standards for the Projected Image Division: Color and Monochrome (#18) and the Nature Division (#17)
- By entering the Councils' Challenge, individual photographers grant PSA, free of charge, the right to reproduce their images for display at the PSA Annual Conference, and publication in the PSA Journal and/or on the PSA website for the purpose of promoting the Challenge and announcing the winners.
Entry Form - digital images should be uploaded using the Online Entry Form (below)
- Color General (Open)
- Monochrome General (Open)
- Nature General (Open)
Color General (Open) Definition: The subject matter is undefined. Monochrome images are not allowed in this section. Any and all post-processing techniques are allowed in this section.
Monochrome General (Open) Definition: The subject matter is undefined. An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e., contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a grayscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image (for example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.). A grayscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
Nature General (Open) Definition: Refer to the PSA Nature definition and please exclude the wildlife section definition.
- Overall High Point Councils (first through third)
- High Point Council Digital Color Images (first through third)
- High Point Council Digital Monochrome Images (first through third)
- High Point Council Digital Nature Images (first through third)
- High Point Individual Digital Color Image (first through third and HMs)
- High Point Individual Digital Monochrome Image (first through third and HMs)
- High Point Individual Digital Nature Image (first through third and HMs)
All images will be shown by slide show at the PSA Annual Conference.