PSA Chapters Showcase
PSA Chapters Showcase
Entries Open: January 15
Entries Close: April 1
Participation in the Photographic Society of America (PSA) Chapters Showcase is open to all Chapters in good standing.
Select links at the top of this page to view recent Chapters' Showcases.
- Each participating Chapter may submit twelve digital images – one image each may be submitted from twelve different Chapter members in good standing. PSA members who are not members of the Chapter are not eligible to submit an image. PSA members who belong to more than one Chapter may represent only one Chapter.
- Images shown in previous PSA Chapter Showcases are not eligible.
- The twelve digital images should be uploaded online (link will be activated when competition begins) and have a maximum width of 1024 pixels and with a maximum height of 768 pixels. Please keep the jpg file sizes less than 350 KB.
- All entries will be included in a digital slide show to be presented at the annual PSA Conference yearly. A copy of the Chapter Showcase slide show will be provided to each participating Chapter and will be available, by request, following the initial showing at the Conference. Winning entries will be printed in the September or October PSA Journal. Entry in the showcase grants permission to reproduce or duplicate entries.
- Chapter entries will be uploaded on the PSA web site.
- The deadline (closing date) for all entries is April 1 yearly.
- Procedure for Host Chapter judging
Chapters receive Award Certificates for Third Place Runner-up, Second Place Runner-up and First Place runner-up. The Chapter with the highest cumulative score receives the Best Chapter Award. In addition, awards go to the highest scoring member’s image from each Chapter.
History of the Showcase
In the early 1980's, the Connecticut Chapter promoted a "showcase" of the photography of the Society's Chapters. The first PSA Chapters Showcase was presented at the Society's 50th Anniversary Annual Conference in San Francisco in 1983. It was organized as a prejudged, inter-Chapter pictorial slide presentation with taped music and commentary; and the showcase program was duplicated for use by PSA Chapters, and PSA-member clubs and councils.