PSA Volunteer Opportunities Available
This list of volunteer opportunities is updated regularly. Members who are interested in one of the positions listed, should read about the program or activity on the webpage that is linked, read the Master Operating Manual (MOM) for the position if it is linked, and complete the Volunteer Application. The volunteer will be contacted as soon as possible.
Members who have a PSA position in need of a volunteer need to provide the information requested on the Post a PSA Volunteer Position form and the position will be posted on this page.
- Projected Image Division (PID) is in need of a Deputy Star Director to work with the current Star Director. Position involves evaluating applications and determining eligibility for star awards. Please contact Dennis Hirning, Chair of the Division at email@example.com or 406-656-0737 asap if you would be willing to serve in this capacity.
- Nature Division (ND) is in immediate need of a “Star Ratings Director.” The Nature Division also needs a “Tops Director.” To volunteer for either of these positions or for additional information please contact Michael Rosenbaum at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Nature Division chair, Lin Craft at email@example.com.
- Projected Image Division (PID) is in need of a “Director of Medals’ for the 2014-2015 year. To volunteer for this position or for additional information please contact Projected Image Division chair, Dennis Hirning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 3D Division Traveling Competition Director
A volunteer to be responsible for the 3D Division Traveling Competition for PSA members. The director oversees the conduct of this competition that travels 3D clubs in the US as a club program. The Director reports the results to the participants, PSA Journal, and PSA web site. The present Director is available to help with training. This position reports to the 3D Division Chair.
- Photojournalism Division needs a Membership Recordkeeper, a Program Distribution Coordinator, and a Service Awards Director. Please contact John Larson if interested.
- Translation Services Director *NEW POSITION*
A volunteer to organize, direct, and establish quality assurance for PSA's translation of various program and activity documents. This position will report to the Volunteer Services Director.
- NEW - Volunteer Services Director. The job involves advertising available positions to the membership via the PSA Journal, Website and various newsletters and EBlast communications; receiving applications that are made to the Society; vetting the volunteers; and helping to place applicants in appropriate positions by sharing information with chairmen and directors seeking assistance. It is estimated that approximately 3 hours per week would be spent in communicating with potential volunteers by telephone, Email and written correspondence. Some record-keeping is also considered part of the position’s duties. Interested members should contact Executive Vice President Charlie Burke (email@example.com).
|PSA ANNUAL CONFERENCE
- PSA Conference Equipment Team Member
PSA members that are willing to be a part of the equipment team during the PSA Conferences. Technical knowledge of computers and projection equipment is required. The 2013 conference will be September 15-21, 2013 in Portland, ME. The 2014 conference will be in Albuquerque, NM at the end of September and beginning of October. Volunteering on this team can be reported as an activity when applying for honors.This position reports to the PSA Conference Co-Equipment Chairman.
- PSA Conference Registration Assistants
PSA members who would like to help the Registration Committee with conference registration. Jobs could involve checking registrants in, registering new attendees, selling tickets for tours, Division meals, banquet meals; selling speakers’ notes; collecting meal, tour tickets; and answering general conference questions. Volunteers should like interacting with people. A benefit of working on this position is that it can be noted on an honor proposal. This position reports to the Registration Coordinator(s).
- PSA Conference Photographers
PSA members with flash photography skills who want to help capture the events of the conference. This person will be responsible for taking photos during the opening ceremony, banquet, receptions, tours, and various events that are being conducted at the annual conference in September in Portland, ME (2013), and Albuquerque, NM (2014). The images are used for videos, PSA Journal articles, the website, programs, and archives. Volunteering as a photographer for the conference can be used when applying for honors. This position reports to the PSA Conference Vice President.
- PSA Who's Who Coordinator (Chair of the Who's Who Committee). Revised March 2014.
Position involves working with the VP for Exhibitions to coordinate all division Who's Who Directors and liaison with Division Chairs. Also working with the Exhibition Services Vice-President. A major responsibility is forwarding the Exhibition Data Acceptances Spreadsheets (EDAS) to the appropriate Who's Who and Star Ratings Directors and to consolidate the various annual Division Who's Who listing for publication in the May issue of the PSA Journal. Computer skills, especially with Excel, is essential. If interested, please contact Exhibition Services VP Daniel Charbonnet.
- Digital Programs Committee Chair
A volunteer to be the chairman of the Digital Programs Committee to lead the Committee members to develop instructive and educational digital audio visual programs for PSA members, member clubs, Councils and Chapters. Knowing the digital software program like ProShow Producer is a plus but not required. Must attend the annual PSA Conference so he/she can meet with the Digital Program Committee members to plan for the work every year. Position reports to the Image Collections Vice President. Contact the Image Collections Vice President if interested.
PSA members who have experience regarding a specific photography topic and are willing to share their knowledge with members who wish to explore this topic are needed as Mentors for the following areas:
• Architectural Photography | • Equestrian Photography |
This position reports to the Mentor Services Committee Chair.