PTD Photo Travel Essay Competition (Digital Only)
Formerly called the Travelette Competition
PTD Photo Travel
Judy Burr, PPSA
Entry Deadline: June 1
There are three divisions in the Photo Travel Essay Competition and you may enter one show in each category. However, a specific essay may be submitted to only one PSA Division each year. The same essay may be entered in another Division in a different year.
The categories are:
Eligibility & Rules
- All entrants must be Individual members of PSA and be in good standing.
- The maker’s name may not appear in the essay, but should be on the disc submitted.
- All images must be made in a camera by the entrant or scanned from the maker’s own transparency or negative.
- No show may be longer than 5 minutes and may include video clips, music and/or narration.
- The use of copies of photographs or artwork which are part of an exhibit that explains the site being featured is permitted if they are a small portion of the show and help tell the story.
- Submission may be on a CD or DVD. Travel Essays can be burned as a DVD video disc or can be saved as a video file and burned as a CD data disc.
- Acceptable video formats are avi, wmv, mov or mpg4
- No .exe or .ppt files may be submitted
- Photographs must meet the photo travel definition as a whole, but individual pictures such as close-ups of people or objects can be included, but should not dominate the essay.
- Download and complete one Entry Form (available as a PDF or Word doc) for each Photo Travel Essay submitted. A completed Entry Form is required for each CD/DVD; it is best to send all your entries together. Mailing instructions can be found at the bottom of the Entry Form.