Host International Exhibition: Acceptances Spreadsheet
- PLEASE NOTE: One separate spreadsheet is required for each judging and section you offer. This is in addition to your catalog or acceptance list. It does not replace the requirement for a catalog and having a catalog, whether printed or pdf, does not replace the requirement to submit these spreadsheets. SECTION 4 MUST ONLY SHOW ACCEPTANCES.
- All information must be in the Western/Latin alphabet. Entries made using other characters, such as Chinese or Cyrillic, will cause your spreadsheets to be rejected with a request to resubmit using the proper alphabet.
- Download the PSA Acceptances Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel required to open and complete it) - PSA Exhibition Standards requires that any PSA-recognized exhibition complete PSA Exhibition Acceptance Spreadsheets.
- A separate Acceptance Spreadsheet must be created for each PSA Division and each Section of each Division – and, in the case of a Circuit, for each Judging (see Tips at the end of this document for suggestions on completing the spreadsheets).
- Make as many copies of the downloaded spreadsheet as required to create one spreadsheet for each division/judging/section and save each with a unique name which indicates Exhibition-Year-Division-Class-JudgingNumber-SectionNumber-SectionName.xls. For example: greater-lynn-2013-pid-color-j1-s1-open.xls
If exhibition is a circuit use the j to indicate the judging. All other exhibitions should only use j1. The year should be based on the closing date. Class is only required for PID (color or monochrome) and PPD (cpa, cpb, mpa, and mpb).
- All the completed spreadsheets for an Exhibition/Circuit must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org within forty-five (45) days of the last Judging(s).
- Exhibition organizers may find it easiest to import the required data into the Acceptance System Spreadsheet from their own database or another spreadsheet, depending on how their records for the Exhibition/Circuit are maintained.
- Please be accurate and complete. This data is used for your entrants as a basis for future PSA Star Ratings and Distinctions and for listing in the annual PSA Who’s Who in Photography. This data will also be used for input into the PSA Acceptances Database.
- Country Names: The names of countries, where requested, must be in their English form, that is, Germany not Deutschland, or Sweden not Sverige. A pulldown list of countries is provided for each cell where a country name is required. A reference list of English language titles is also provided in the Acceptance Spreadsheet to the right of where image titles are entered.
The PSA EDAS requires you to use United Kingdom instead of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland for Country Names. Before you have Copied and Pasted the Acceptance Information to Part 4 of the EDAS you should make the changes as required. The easiest way is to highlight the Country Column on your source spreadsheet, then go to the Edit Menu, Select Replace and use that feature four times, once each to replace England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland with United Kingdom. Your EDAS will be rejected with a request to change these four countries to United Kingdom if you do not do it yourself before submitting the EDAS files.
Thank you for your assistance and cooperation!
Section 1: Summary Info
Please complete as follows:
- Name of Exhibition/Circuit: Click on the scroll symbol that will show at the right of the name field when you click your cursor in the name space and select your exhibition from the list that will appear.
Section 2: Contact Information
Please complete as follows:
- Family and Given Names: Enter the full name of the person who will be our contact should we have any questions on the information in this spreadsheet. Normally, this is the person who completes the spreadsheet - but it must be the same name for the entire Exhibition or Circuit.
- Country: the country where the Contact resides.
- Email Address: The Contact’s email address.
- Country Dialing Code: The country’s telephone dialing code e.g., 1 for U.S., 44 for U.K.
- Phone Number: The Contact’s phone number (excluding the Country Code).
Section 3: Judges Information
Please complete as follows for each judge (for this Section and this Judging):
- Family Name: The Judge’s family name (suffixes – such as Jr. or III are optional). No titles, please.
- Given Name: The Judge’s given name or names (additional initials are optional).
- Country: The Judge’s Country of residence (in English form, please – i.e., Germany not Deutschland).
Section 4: Acceptance Information
Please complete as follows for each accepted image in this Section and in this Judging. If available, you can import this data from a database or from another spreadsheet depending on how you maintain your Exhibition/Circuit records. All five columns for each acceptance must contain data. Empty cells are not acceptable. The results should only show acceptances. ENTRIES THAT WERE NOT ACCEPTED MUST NOT BE INCLUDED.
The order for each line must be in the order shown below. If you are pasting the information from another spreadsheet, please convert your information to 12 point Arial on your source spreadsheet before copying.
- Family Name: The Entrant’s family name (suffixes – such as Jr. or III are optional). No titles, please. The first character must be Upper Case (capital letter)
- Given Name: The Entrant’s given name or names (initials are optional). If the entrant did not provide a Given Name, enter NGN for No Given Name.
- Image Title: The unique title of this Image. Words such as Untitled and No Title are not acceptable as part or all of an image's title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers.
- Country: The Entrant’s Country of residence (in English form, please – i.e., Germany not Deutschland). NOTE: Pasting information from an external spreadsheet will override the Country Validation checks but if you try to edit a country cell with a country not on the list, you will get an error. The country validation list does not have separate entries for England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. Use United Kingdom for these countries.
- Medal/Award: Enter the following codes depending on the individual award an image received; G – PSA Gold Medal, S – PSA Silver Medal, B – PSA Bronze Medal, Y – any other individual award above an Honorable Mention. (Examples include a FIAP Gold, Silver or Bronze medal or a Judge's Choice Award), and H for an Honorable Mention. Enter an N for all other acceptances.
Some exhibitions also award Certificates of Merit. If this certificate is equivalent to an Honorable Mention, use the H code. If it rates higher than an Honorable Mention, use the Y code. Otherwise use the N code.
The acceptance information in your EDAS sheets must agree with your Catalog. Compare the EDAS information with your Catalog and it there have been any corrections between the time you publish your catalog and the time you submitted your EDAS, submit an revised EDAS. The filename for the new EDAS should be the same as your original EDAS with –rev added to the end before the .xls extension.
Tips for Completing the Spreadsheet
A separate spreadsheet must be completed for each Division/Judging/Section. However, much of the information may be common to all or some of the spreadsheets – such as the Section 2 Contact Information and much of the Section 1 Summary Information. Time can be saved by first creating a ‘template spreadsheet’ containing common information, and using it as the basis for all the spreadsheets.
Similar time economies can be achieved by sequentially completing sections that have similar information (such as the same judges) together.
The Section 4: Image Results do not need to be entered manually. The Section 4: Image Results information can be exported from another computer source such as your own Excel spreadsheet, if it is ordered as Family Name, Given Name, Image Title, Country, Medal/Award. This can readily be pasted into the Acceptances Spreadsheet by (a) selecting and copying all the rows and columns from your spreadsheet using Control C or Command C, (b) going to the Acceptance Spreadsheet in Excel and select the cell in the top left of the Image Results section right below the column heading '*Family Name*' (cell L24); then pasting the rows and columns you copied into the Acceptances Spreadsheet using Control C or Command C. **
For those exhibitions using the Muskovac Exhibition Software the task is even easier. An exhibition with two sections can prepare an EDAS in approximately 20 minutes excluding any corrections to the records.
- Open your corrected _Image List Scored Final.txt file using Excel. The file is tab delimited. Click in the upper left corner of the table and set the font to Verdana or Arial and set the font size to 12. Click on Cells > Format > Autofit Column Width to adjust the width of the columns. Save the file as an Excel workbook.
- Right-click the sheet tab at the bottom to make a copy of the original worksheet (spreadsheet) and repeat for the number of sections you had. Be sure that “Create a copy” is checked in the dialog box and highlight “(move to end)”
- Rename the sheets, one for each section, by double-clicking the sheet tab at the bottom. Use the section name for the sheet name.
- Perform a sort for each sheet, using Column G (section number) in ascending order for the criteria. Delete all the rows that are not for that section on each sheet. One sheet will only have section 1 entries, another will only have section 2 entries and so on.
- Perform a second sort for each sheet, this time using Column C (score) in descending order for the criteria. This time delete all the rows below the minimum score for acceptance. Now each sheet will only have the accepted images for that section.
- Scroll up to the top of the sheet and replace the notations for the individual awards you entered during judging (Column F) with the appropriate award code (See Medal/Award instructions above), then copy and paste the N in all remaining cells in Column F. Since the awards usually go to the higher scoring images, marking them at this time saves effort and searching later.
- Perform your third sort for each sheet, this time using Column K (Family Name) from A to Z as the first criteria and Column L (Given Name) from A to Z as the second criteria. This will arrange the list in alphabetical order by successful entrant’s family name.
- Scroll through each sheet and make any known corrections to the information. If you posted draft acceptance lists on your Web-site, include any request for corrections received at this time. Make good use of the 45 days between your judging and the due date for the EDAS to incorporate as many corrections as possible.
- Highlight Columns A and B, right-click on any cell and click on Insert when a menu pops up. This will inser t two new columns to the left of the original Column A and Column A will become Column C.
- Highlight Column M, which is now the Family Name Column. Right-click to bring up a menu and select Copy, then highlight Column A, right-click to bring up the menu and this time select Paste. This will copy the contents of Column M to Column A. You can also highlight Column M and use Control-C to copy the column and Control-V on Column A to paste the information copied.
- Highlight Column N, which is now the Given Name Column. Right-click to bring up a menu and select Copy, then highlight Column B, right-click to bring up the menu and this time select Paste. This will copy the contents of Column N to Column B. You can also highlight Column N and use Control-C to copy the column and Control-V on Column B to paste the information copied.
- Highlight Column U, which is now the Country Column. Right-click to bring up a menu and select Copy, then highlight Column C, right-click to bring up the menu and this time select Paste. This will copy the contents of Column U to Column C and overwrite the numbers already in Column C. You can also highlight Column U and use Control-C to copy the column and Control-V on Column B to paste the information copied.
- Highlight and delete Columns E (Score), F (Tie 1) and G (Tie 2). Now the first 5 columns in each sheet corresponds to the columns in Part 4 of the EDAS.
- Open up the first EDAS spreadsheet.
- Highlight all the cells in columns A, B, C, D, and E of the Image List spreadsheet from Row 1 to the last row with an acceptance and use Control-C to copy your selection.
- Go to the EDAS spreadsheet and select the left cell on the first blank row of Part 4 of the spreadsheet and use Control-V to paste all the acceptance information into the EDAS spreadsheet.
- Repeat this copy and paste process on a separate EDAS spreadsheet for each recognized section.