PPD Interclub Competition: Rules for Entering
- PSA-member clubs complete the Enrollment Form and send it to the Interclub Director. There is no fee for this activity.
- The club competition year starts with the first Round in October, followed by additional Rounds in December, February, & April, and ends in June with a recall of all the Award prints from the competition year for the End Of Year awards.
- There are five (5) categories: Large Monochrome prints (LM), Large Color prints (LC), Small Monochrome prints (SM), Small Color prints (SC), and Creative Altered Reality (CAR) prints. CAR can be a mix of large and small prints. It is possible for a club to enter a total of 20 prints in each Round if they competed in all five (5) categories.
- Each of the four (4) prints entered must be by four (4) photographers for each category. If a club is not able to submit four prints it can submit a partial entry (example: two prints by only two different photographers).
- Domestic Prints (USA & Canada) may be mounted or un-mounted; however, un-mounted prints are preferred. All prints must be entirely the work of the photographer.
- Prints from outside the US and Canada must be un-mounted. All prints must be entirely the work of the photographer.
- Monochrome prints may be toned. Monochrome prints may be enhanced by the addition of a single color. Prints with two or more colors must be entered as a color print.
- Small prints can be no larger than 8.5 X 12 inches including the mounting, if mounted.
- Large prints can be no larger than 16 X 20 inches including the mounting, if mounted.
- Creative Altered Reality prints (CAR) can be a mix as long as the 4 prints are by 4 different makers: Large Monochrome or Large Color Prints or Small Monochrome or Small Color Prints. Small & Large prints, color and monochrome will be judged together. An entry is not limited to images created and/or modified digitally.
- Prints, which have been judged in a previous competition during the year, cannot be entered in another competition during the same year.
- Prints, which have been given awards in previous years, cannot be entered in the same category.
- Prints receiving Awards: 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, & HM’s will be eligible for the End of Year competition in June. Eligible prints will be called up after the last competition in April by the Director from the master award list. The Club Print Interclub Coordinator should have a copy of the competition reports to help keep track of award prints that will be recalled for the June competition.
- Clubs that miss a competition may enter its prints with the next competition's prints, but must mark "makeup prints" on the print label and the entry form.
- When a host club does it’s judging with its own club members as judges, it should not enter prints in that competition, but should submit them as make-up prints in the next competition. A host club judging the 4th (April) competition is entitled to enter make-up prints in the February competition. The June competition is a recall of all award prints for the competition year.
- Entering clubs must send the host club sufficient return postage in the form of checks or money orders made out to the Host club Rep. The host club can hold prints until return postage has been received. Please do not send stamps. Please take advantage of not returning prints to save postage.