PSA-member Clubs: Club, Council, & Chapter Web Site Contest
Conditions of Entry
Each PSA-member club or council and each PSA chapter currently maintaining an Internet web site is eligible.
There are two entry groups based on the number of members in the organization (club, council, or Chapter). The person responsible for entering the organization's web site will identify the group’s size on the entry form. The two groups are:
All entries are submitted by completing the Online Entry Form.
Download the Web Site Contest Categories and Criteria.
- Once an entry is received, the website URL provided is checked to assure that it is correct, and the organization's PSA membership is validated to assure that the group's membership fee is current through October.
- Experienced webmasters judge the entries. A judge must be an individual member of PSA and cannot judge an entry group (large or small) which describes his/her club.
- Judging sheets will be provided along with scores at the conclusion of the contest. This should be helpful to clubs in reviewing the scores and determining if the comments are applicable to their site. The Directors respect that each club, council, or Chapter will have its own web site objectives and judges will consider the club objectives in their evaluations. However, for the purpose of this contest, overall criteria have been established that emphasize criteria that meet shared objectives. Overall objectives are the major criteria for evaluation.
- New judging sheets have been prepared which should be helpful to clubs in reviewing the judges’ scores and determining if the comments are applicable to their site. The Directors respect that each club, council, or chapter will have its own web site objectives. However, for the purpose of this contest, overall criteria needed to be established that emphasize criteria that meet shared objectives.
- The entries are sent to the judges on June 1 for the judges to complete their scoring and comments, and send them to the Contest Directors by July 15.
- The judges review each entry and rate it for its overall design, layout, navigation and ease of use, content, organization uniqueness, browser compatibility, functionality, language and legal considerations.
- The Contest Directors then tabulate the scores determining the First, Second, and Third place and Honorable Mention recipients in each group (small club and large club).
First, second, and third place winners in each entry group receive an engraved award. Ties may be awarded. Certificates are given to all honorable mentions. Awards and Honorable Mentions are awarded to approximately 25% of the entries.
The winning web sites are recognized at the PSA Annual Conference. The results are posted on this page and in a fall issue of the PSA Journal and the fall issue of The Projector. All participants will receive the judges’ scores and comments at the conference or as soon as possible after the conference has adjourned. If a winning group is not represented at the conference, the award will be mailed to the organization.
The awards will be a First, Second, and Third for each Group. The number of Honorable Mentions presented will be determined by the number of entrants in each Group. These awards are presented following the Club & Council Competitions Program during the PSA Annual Conference.