Councils of Clubs: PSA Council’s Challenge
PSA-member organizations that include several camera clubs; whether the group of clubs is called a Council, a Federation, or an Association, are all eligible to enter the annual PSA Council's Challenge. Each "group" may enter ten color digital images from ten makers, ten monochrome digital images from ten makers, and ten prints by ten different makers. Images entered in a previous Council’s Challenge are not eligible.
Each section is judged separately, individual winners are selected, and a ranking for all the groups that entered is listed. The scores for each section are tallied and an overall winning "group" is identified.
Conditions of Entry
- The subject is open for all sections.
PSA-member councils, associations, or federations with their member clubs may participate.
Each council can submit ten (10) images per section and should determine its own selection process for entries.
There may not be more than one image per section by the same photographer.
Like images from the same photographer in more than one section will not be accepted.
- Images entered in previous PSA Council's Challenges are not eligible.
- By entering the Council's Challenge, individual photographers grant PSA, free of charge, the right to reproduce their images for display at the PSA Annual Conference, and publication in the PSA Journal and/or on the PSA website for the purpose of promoting the Challenge and announcing the winners.
- Digital Color Images
- Digital Monochrome Images
- Prints: Color or Monochrome
- The color and monochrome digital images will be judged separately.
- Digital images should be emailed to the Director or burned to a CD and mailed to the Director's address which can be found in the Member Directory.
- Each image must be titled and numbered to match the entry form.
- Prints may be color or monochrome, commercial or inkjet (the color and monochrome prints will be judged together).
- Prints must not be mounted or matted.
- The minimum print size is 8” x 10” and maximum print size is 8 ½” x 12”.
- The photographer’s name, title of the print, council name, and print orientation arrow must be placed on the back of each print. The maker’s name may not be shown to the front of the print in any fashion.
- Print entries will be returned at the Conference if a council representative is able to pick them up. Any entries that are not picked up at the Conference will be mailed back to the council after the conference.
- Prints should be sent to Don York, 737 Arbor Ridge Ct., Baldwin, MO 63021, USA
- A digital copy must be submitted for all print entries. Use the Online Entry Form shown below.